Monday, October 21, 2013

Discourse Analysis #8

Research Question
Why did the interviewer (B's) discourse feel as if he didn't want to be interviewed by (CH)?

What are my thoughts:
I felt as if (B) did not want to be interviewed by (CH).The interviewed felt kind as if (CH) was pushing out the words from (B's) mouth. It felt as if it wasn't an interview more of a conversation type of transcript. Sometimes it should be that way but at times it shouldn't. I felt as if (B) didn't want to be interviewed for this assignment. Maybe (CH) should have picked someone else she didn't know or maybe someone she didn't teach. Sometimes interviews are conducted in conversation to help the interviewer feel comfortable. With conducting interviews likes this the person will feel less nervous. But sometimes it doesn't pay to do it in conversation form because the interview goes off track and the questions don't get answered.

Evidence

Ch   so it's interesting, games aren't really considered software are they? Ch guides conversation

B      they are – agrees - reluctantly
 
B      yeah, but it's just games (laughing) games are no big deal

B      Well, just in learning how to learn a program, I just see buttons, tool tips and ah I make a go at it, the scissors mean I can cut in here, and I can just cut and drag and drop - these a simple things everyone

knows, I guess the only reason I can pick up learning a program is that I just have that knack, no other way to explain it.everybody should know

B      well like a lot of games, in the beginning, there's menus.  You don't just start playing.  There's menus, you get to customize your decal your spray, clothes,

laughing

It's not all playing the game it's a lot of process to prepare for it, there's like box, scripts, you practice it, and you're not playing with other people, you're just like fooling around. Minimizing

 
B      I wasn't being graded - there's no - all right man, let's pass this class you've got to
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment